A: The insurer may only cancel your policy in certain circumstances, for example:
- You fail to pay your monthly premium instalments and the payment remains outstanding for at least one month
- You fail to comply with the Duty of Utmost Good Faith
- You fail to properly comply with your duty of disclosure at the time you entered into the contract
- You misrepresent your situation at the time you entered into the contract
- You make a fraudulent claim under the contract of insurance or some other concurrent insurance cover.