Members of the Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) offering products covered by the Code must subscribe to the General Insurance Code of Practice.
Any other industry participant may also subscribe, and the ICA encourages all general insurers to adopt the Code.
The companies listed below have adopted the General Insurance Code of Practice on 1 July 2021.
Due to recent NSW Health COVID-19 stay at home orders in the Greater Sydney region, the ICA is still processing formal paperwork.
- AAI Limited
- AIG Australia Limited
- Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Australia Pty Ltd
- Allianz Australia Insurance Limited
- Ansvar Insurance Limited
- ANZ Lenders Mortgage Insurance Pty Ltd
- Assetinsure Pty Limited
- Auto & General Insurance Company Limited
- Berkshire Hathaway Speciality Insurance Company
- Catholic Church Insurance Ltd
- Chubb Insurance Australia Limited
- Commonwealth Insurance Limited
- Credicorp Insurance Pty Ltd
- Defence Service Homes Insurance Scheme
- Domestic and General Insurance PLC
- Eric Insurance Limited
- Factory Mutual Insurance Company
- Genworth Financial Mortgage Insurance Pty Ltd
- Great Lakes Insurance SE T/A Great Lakes Australia
- Guild Insurance Limited
- Hallmark General Insurance Company Ltd.
- Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (The)
- Insurance Australia Limited
- Insurance Manufacturers of Australia Pty Limited
- Lawcover Insurance Pty Limited
- LFI Group Pty Ltd
- Lloyd's Australia Limited*
- Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company Limited
- nib Travel Services (Australia) Pty Ltd
- NTI Limited
- Open Insurance Pty Ltd
- Pacific International Insurance Pty Limited
- PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd
- QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited
- RAA Insurance Limited
- RAC Insurance Pty Limited
- RACQ Insurance Limited
- RACT Insurance Pty Ltd
- Sompo Japan Insurance Inc.
- Southern Cross Benefits Limited
- Swiss Re International SE
- The North of England Protecting and Indemnity Association Limited (t/a Sunderland Marine)
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd
- Virginia Surety Company, Inc
- XL Insurance Company SE
- Youi Pty Ltd
- Zurich Australian Insurance Limited
Want to become a Code subscriber?
For more information about ICA membership or subscribing to the Code, please contact our membership team via [email protected]
*Due to the unique nature of the Lloyd’s market, Lloyd’s has adopted the Code subject to the condition that it only applies to policies issued by an Australian Coverholder under a binding authority agreement and claims managed in Australia. Claims that are subject to run off arrangements at the time of a new Code coming into effect may in rare circumstances be managed in accordance with the previous Code. For further details please contact the company that issued your policy.