Safety is the priority
- Safety is the priority - don’t do anything that puts anyone at risk.
- If you were directed to evacuate your property, only return to your property when emergency services give the go ahead.
- If water has entered the property, don't turn on the electricity until it has been inspected by an electrician.
- Do not drive your vehicle if it has suffered water damage.
Contact your insurer
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to lodge a claim and seek guidance on the claims process.
- Let your insurer know if you've sustained roof damage.
- Speak to your insurer before you attempt or authorise any building work, including emergency repairs, and ask for the insurer’s permission in writing, as unauthorised work may not be covered by your policy.
Cleaning up after severe storms
- Before you start your clean-up take photos or video of damage to your property and contents / possessions to support your claim.
- Remove any water damaged items from the property that may pose a health risk such as soft furnishings and carpet. Take photos or keep small samples of water damaged items to support your insurance claim.
- Don’t throw away items that could be repaired, unless they pose a health risk.
- Make a list of each damaged item and if possible include a detailed description, such as brand, model, and serial number.