Q: If I’m not satisfied with my insurer’s decision about my complaint, what can I do?

A: You can take your complaint to the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).

It independently and impartially examines general insurance disputes between general insurance companies and customers who hold policies for home and contents, motor vehicle, travel and other forms of general insurance.

AFCA is independent and provides a free service for consumers. AFCA decisions are legally binding on the insurance company but you are not bound by its decisions.

Send this to a friend